We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to see & stay from Dijon-Brantome (Perigord Vert)?

Which Dijon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wheaton, Maryland
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Places to see & stay from Dijon-Brantome (Perigord Vert)?

In late September, I'm driving my parents (mid-70s, in OK shape) and daughter through parts of France where we've never been. (I know to add 20-35% to listed travel times.) We will be leaving from Dijon in the morning and driving toward Brantome. We plan to stay overnight somewhere. In total, we have about 30 hours between leaving Dijon in the morning and checking in at Brantome late the next afternoon.

Two routes appear to take a similar-enough amount of time. Both go near Moulins. One route would then go south to Riom and southwest through Ussel, Tulle, and Perigueux. The other route--after Moulins--goes through or near Montlucon and Gueret before Limoges.

Alternatively, a little longer trip along a more northern route initially could go through Bourges before heading south through either Chateauroux or Gueret.

Would you recommend one route or any of these places over any of the other routes/places?

Thank you.

1. Re: Places to see & stay from Dijon-Brantome (Perigord Vert)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dijon