We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somewhere between Paris and Stuttgart, Germany

Willamette Valley
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
somewhere between Paris and Stuttgart, Germany

We are planning a trip to see my sister in Stuttgart, Germany. Before we head there we plan on visiting Paris and I would like to spend two nights somewhere between Paris and Stuttgart. I was thinking Dijon might be a good choice. Do you all think so or is there a better stop off? We would just like to see a bit more of France then Paris, and Paris is my duaghters dream. We will be traveling by train.

Mentioned in this post
Stuttgart
Stuttgart
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: somewhere between Paris and Stuttgart, Germany

Paris-Stuttgart is only a 4-hour trip via train (there are a couple of routes that change in Metz or Mannheim, but they're pretty awkward times)

ALL of the routings on www.voyages-sncf.com from Dijon to Stuttgart go back through Paris.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Willamette Valley
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: somewhere between Paris and Stuttgart, Germany

OK, in that case, where would go if you were leaving Paris and could add 2-3 nights on somewhere in France? I would like to see some other area before we head to Stuttgart.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: somewhere between Paris and Stuttgart, Germany

I'd either rent a car and drive (with the caveat that you'll be hit with VERY large one-way drop fees) or I'd just take the train to Dijon (or Reims or the Loire or...) and then take the train back to Paris.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
4. Re: somewhere between Paris and Stuttgart, Germany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Dijon