We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Escargot de la Cote train or Bus 44

Bellingham
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
L'Escargot de la Cote train or Bus 44

I am wondering if this little train is still in existence, or the bus 44. I will be staying in Dijon for 3 days and would love to see some of the country outside Dijon, and do some wine tasting if possible. I am not sure I want to do a full-day tour, so these options appeal to me. I realize I am getting this information from an old post, so any current information would be most helpful. I will not be driving, just using public transport.

london
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Escargot de la Cote train or Bus 44

you are better off renting a bike from beaune which is central and follow the vineyards "route"

the area is quite flat

do not stay too long on the route nationale 74 which is the main road from dijon to beaune via nuits saint georges

you may buy the book of sylvain pitiot "burgundy wines" at the atheneum of beaune to follow the vineyards route

do not go further than gevrey chambertin

treat yourself to tasting lunch in aloxe corton and meet comte senard

beware of the tourists traps when it come to wineries

Edited: 2:43 am, May 05, 2011
Dijon, France
Level Contributor
800 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Escargot de la Cote train or Bus 44

Bus 44 still operates (1.5€) from Dijon to Beaune (and then you may rent a bike) but I'm not sure about l'Escargot, cannot find anything recent about it... Have fun!

london
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Escargot de la Cote train or Bus 44

you have a train leaving dijon which stops in the wine villages on the way to beaune

very unfrequent in the day

the railway stations are far from the villages,but the trains will take bicycles for free

avoid the main road "route nationale" 74 as it can be busy

get a map to ride on the vineyards roads

Edited: 2:02 am, May 06, 2011
4. Re: L'Escargot de la Cote train or Bus 44

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Dijon