We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from la maison d'olivier leflaive to Beaune

Which Beaune hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from la maison d'olivier leflaive to Beaune

I am planning stay 3 nights in la maison d'olivier leflaive. I would like to spend a day to visit Beaune (e.g.Hospices de Beaune and Chateau De La Tour Clos Vougeot), what transportation can be use between la maison d'olivier leflaive and Beaune?

Thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from la maison d'olivier leflaive to Beaune

I see that La maison d'olivier leflaive is a guesthouse, so you should ask them directly how to go to Beaune, they 'll be more than happy to inform you.

But I think you'll be needing a car because there are not many public transportation in this area.

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from la maison d'olivier leflaive to Beaune

Yup, there is very little public transport and what there is is set up for school and work hours. There is some info here http://www.mobigo-bourgogne.com/ but only in French. Hiring a car or a taxi is the best bet.

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from la maison d'olivier leflaive to Beaune

thank you very much of your reply.

Is it easy to hire a taxi in Beaune? I will stay in Beaune before go to la maison d'olivier leflaive.

Thanks.

Santa Barbara
Destination Expert
for Guarda
Level Contributor
663 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from la maison d'olivier leflaive to Beaune

Europcar has an office outside Beaune and we paid approximately $35/day to rent a car for three days. Alternately, the cost of the taxi from the Europcar office to the train station, which is 2.5 km, was approximately $15.

Since the distance from Puligny-Montrachet to Beaune is approximately 13 km you can see that just one taxi ride would exceed the daily cost of renting a car. Certainly there are additional costs such as gas and how you handle insurance but the advantage of having transportation to tour the countryside and see all the sights far outweighs whatever the cost. If you are concerned about driving realize that Beaune and the surrounding countryside is very comfortable to drive in.

We went to the wine workshop and lunch tasting at Olivier Leflaive and had a fantastic time. I highly recommend this experience. Puligny-MOntrachet is a small village and to come all the way from Hong Kong and not see some of the other villages, wineries, restaurants, and beautiful country drives would be a shame.

You can hire a private guide to drive you but this will cost you $300 - $500 hundred dollars for a full day for two people. The advantage is you will be lead by someone who knows the area well and will explain as much as you can absorb. You will visit cellars you would never gain entrance to and interact with interesting growers and have a fantastic time. You will not have to worry about directions or watching your tasting. No research will need to be done. If you read the reviews most people really enjoy this activity and rave about the fun they have.

Be aware that common courtesy suggests that you buy a few bottles of wine from each producer you visit. They have taken the time to met with you and explain and taste their wines and you will be lucky to chose from the interesting bottles they show you. This will be part of the tour I outlined above.

Also, you will like to enjoy a nice lunch and it is usual to include and pay for your guides meal and wine. Also, many people have such a good time they like to tip the guide for all their work in organizing the meetings with the producers and making reservations at the restaurant etc. So you will understand so much more about this unique area, the wine, all aspects of growing and aging wine and tasting both wine and food. If you can afford to do this it will give you the most comprehensive appreciation of Burgundy. The only caveat is the cost.

If you chose to hire a taxi and arrive by train as I assume you will the taxi stand is right in front of the station.Enjoy your stay as we will again in September!

5. Re: Transportation from la maison d'olivier leflaive to Beaune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2014