We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Beaune to Zurich

Victoria
Level Contributor
129 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Beaune to Zurich

Hi, I am wanting to book a morning train from Beaune to Zurich for Friday 22 Mar & cant seem to find any morning connections, all I seem to come up with is evening trains, can anyone offer any advice please....cheers

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,220 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

Using the tgv-europe web site, I see trains at 07.59, 13.59, 16.57 and 19.29.

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid being transferred to RailEurope, which has higher prices and does not list all the trains.

Victoria
Level Contributor
129 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

This connection takes us via Geneva which makes the trip 7+ hrs, a very long day. Is TGV the only train option?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,220 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

SNCF is the only train operator in France.

Victoria
Level Contributor
129 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

I am still in search of options for travel from Beaune to Zurich & went to the SBB site, they have train from Beaune to Zurich, 3 changes going via Basel has anyone done this journey? Just a little concerned about the 10 mins walk in Basel going between SBB Gleise to Basel SBB? Given we will have no idea where we are going will we have issues meeting the last connection in 17mins? This option cuts the travel time down a couple of hours

I have researched car hire & can't seem to find one way rentals & nothing seems to come up when I search for a bus journey

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

Try looking for departures from Dijon -- which is on the TGV lines and has a direct connection to Zurich, as well as other connections with only one or two transfers.

Victoria
Level Contributor
129 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

Thank you, the search returned much better train times, there is a TGV train that leaves Dijon at 7.52am, is it easy enough to catch a local train at this time in the morning?

Victoria
Level Contributor
129 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

Sorry that should read is it easy enough to catch a local train from Beaune to Dijon at that time in the morning & how long should I allow for the journey?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

have a look at the train schedules -- www.ter-sncf.com

9. Re: Train from Beaune to Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 09, 2014