We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What will I do on May 1st? Help!

Which Beaune hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
61 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
What will I do on May 1st? Help!

Hello,

I will be passing through Burgundy on May 1st. Yes, I know this is a holiday but its unavoidable. My main purpose was to go to wineries, but I now know this will be impossible considering everything will be closed. As I make my way from Lyon to Dijon what can I do? I'm assuming that most restaurants will be closed in or around Beaune? If so, I'm prepared to find a nice place to stop and have a picnic. I can pick up food and wine in Lyon the day before if necessary. Will there be any places open that you would now of in terms of restaurants etc? If I have to stop for picnic, do you have a recommendation of where a nice place is? Thank for the help!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,183 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What will I do on May 1st? Help!

click over to this site: http://www.burgundy-tourism.com/

Contact them and ask for recommendations of restaurants and wineries that might be open -- the offices of tourism are excellent about keeping tabs on who's open on holidays.

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
419 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What will I do on May 1st? Help!

The main tourist type wineries in Beaune will still be open, it's just wise to check out where you would like to go and check their opening times. Though to be honest, wineries and tourist attractions have such random opening times in Burgundy, it's always best to check them out whatever time of year you visit.

3. Re: What will I do on May 1st? Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 15, 2013