We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charming hotel with pool IN or very near Beaune town center

Which Beaune hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los angeles...
Level Contributor
162 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
charming hotel with pool IN or very near Beaune town center

Can anyone recommend a nice, charming hotel in or near the old town center with a POOL?

I have contacted the Hotel Grillon, and am waiting to hear from them. Are there any others?

thanks!

Dijon, France
Level Contributor
799 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charming hotel with pool IN or very near Beaune town center

Hi dina :-)

Have you checked le château de Challanges near Beaune?

http://www.chateaudechallanges.com/ (reviews here)

and La Closerie?

cybevasion.com/hotels/france/hotel_quality-h…

(no review)

Still going there on a Sunday?

Let us know what you found :-)

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charming hotel with pool IN or very near Beaune town center

Do keep Hotel Grillon in mind----it sounds like what you are looking for. We stayed there two nights and found it to be just what we wanted in Beaune....a comfortable base to explore the area, and OF the town but not IN town.

We asked for a large room---it is possible we got their largest!---It was extremely comfortable, with a sitting area and amenities. The couple that own the hotel could not have been more gracious---including to my non-French-speaking husband. The pool was well-kept and in a pretty setting---though we did not use it because of the BRRRRRRR weather.

The half-mile or so walk into town was just perfect for us. The Grillon is not on a side street but the medium-thoroughfare it was on posed no problems for us noise-wise as the hotel is far enough back from the street (also, our room was on the back).

Los angeles...
Level Contributor
162 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charming hotel with pool IN or very near Beaune town center

Thank you!

I've now heard from both hotels--the Grillon and the Chateau de challenges. I'm having a tough time deciding!!!

Both seem really nice.

The Grillon seems closer to town, but perhaps I'm not reading the map correctly.

yes, we'll be there on a Sunday.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charming hotel with pool IN or very near Beaune town center

The Grillon is about 1/2 mile (1 km). It's not a difficult walk assuming you are ok with that distance.