We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

london
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

is it possible to be chauffeur driven from paris to beaune for a wine tour?

one night in beaune

and return to paris

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

Anything is possible but this will be crazy expensive. I happen to know that a car and driver from Paris to the Caen/Deauviile area will cost you about €350 and that is without the overnight. That's about 200 km so 400 km round-trip for the driver. Beaune is about 300 km from Paris. For two days plus perhaps 750 km of driving? I hate to think what that might cost. Maybe around €750 plus expenses?

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,340 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

You can take the TGV to Dijon, then a local train on to Beaune. From Beaune you can take wine tours.

london
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

thank you for this

Edited: 3:47 am, May 15, 2011
Essex
Level Contributor
27,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

Well, there is 'swank' for you!!

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
430 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

I can give you an exact price - 990€ for a private transfer from Paris to Beaune and return to Paris. A private customised wine tasting tour is in the region of 595€ for the day and you would need to book the hotel direct. Time wise you really need to allow one day for Paris to Beaune (3 and a half hours not including a stop), one day for the tour (8hrs), then one day for the return, so it would necessitate 2 nights in a hotel.

Please send me a private message if you would like more details.

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
430 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

EssexWanderer - you'd be amazed how many people do this trip! To have an English speaking chauffeur collect you from Paris (or the Charles de Gaulle) then organising a private wine tasting and returning you to Paris is absolutely priceless in terms of learning about the region and making the most of a short trip.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,611 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

Kinda sad when you think that at least one of you could fly to France for another trip for that amount of dosh! (But when you're in a position to drop 3K a day, I guess you don't care.)

Essex
Level Contributor
27,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

Yep - swank - wish I had the spons for that!!

9. Re: paris to beaune with chauffeur drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 19, 2012