We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation

Which Beaune hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation

We drive down to the South of France regularly.

The area around Beaune is the ideal place to break the journey for a night.

We have stayed in several hotels in the area between Nuits St Georges and Beaune but we are always on the look out for suggestions.

We are looking for a minimum 3* hotel with restaurant - anyone have any suggestions for their favorite?

(not is a town and with easy access to the A6)

Thanks in advance to any replies

Austin,TX
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation

Take a look at the Hotel Le Richebourg in Vosne-Romanee---a 4*.

The reviews here on TA have been consistently good, ours included.

Nice location--equidistant between Beaune and Dijon. Do offer breakfast but no restaurant on premises. Excellent one next door...100 meters...Tout Petite Auberge.

We stayed there for five days this past June and it was the highlight of our trip.

Don't think you will be disappointed !!

Birmingham...
Level Contributor
116 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation

We agree completely with the recommendation of Le Richebourg. We stayed there for two nights in September and absolutely loved it. It was completely refurbished about two years ago, and everything about the hotel is first class. We posted a review after our stay.

Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation

Hello Boucheboy,

I know you said hotels, and not in a town, but we have used this B & B several times, and it's great! (No connection with it, other than a very satisfied guest!). we also drive regularly to the south, and find this a great place to break the journey.

It's right by the ring road in Beaune, so not far from the autoroute, but set back along a little quiet road, and with a large, wonderfully peaceful garden, with views of vineyards in the distance. Birds, flowers, trees, peace & quiet. It's also just 5 minutes walk into Beaune centre.

The family are winegrowers, and the rooms are beautiful & so comfortable - certainly beating most 3* hotels. Breakfasts are lovely, Madame is very kind & helpful, will give restaurant recommendations and phone to book ahead if you wish. (Yes, no restaurant, but just 5 mins stroll to a lovely restaurant, very full of French locals!).

Finally, you get a private garage as well - so everything is safe & hidden away.

There are only 2 rooms, a double & a twin; our favourite is the twin, despite that fact, as the view of the garden is best! Do try it; 95 euros per room per night, including breakfast.

Not sure if I can give the name on here (I only seem to see hotel names) - email me if you're interested.

Jo

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation

If you want to stay in the country try Moulin d'Hauterive. It's 16km from city center. I have stayed there twice in three years and both experiences were excellent.

5. Re: Hotel recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 16, 2009