We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canal Barge in Burgundy

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Canal Barge in Burgundy

We're hoping to take a canal barge vacation in Burgundy next spring or fall. Has anyone had any recent experience with Barge Niyala? Are there any others with a similar concept - between a luxury hotel barge and a do-it-yourself rental?

Pilton, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canal Barge in Burgundy

I guess that you mean the barge 'Nilaya' ? Its one we've been on and enjoyed it tremendously. I noticed that Kevin Hartwell, the barge's owner had pullitzer prize winning cartoonist Tony Auth aboard during the summer because we just saw a great moving cartoon he did for the barge after his visit. If you visit www.bargenilaya.com/index1.htm you will find a link to the cartoon or search at www.vimeo.com for nilaya or Tony Auth. Why not ask Tony himself what he thought, although I think the cartoon says it all! Happy barge hunting

2. Re: Canal Barge in Burgundy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 14, 2013