We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Much To Eat at 3 Star Restaurants?

Hawaii
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How Much To Eat at 3 Star Restaurants?

How much does it cost to have dinner at a 3 Star Restaurant in Paris, such as Cinq?

Is it less expensive at the 3 Stars in the Provinces?

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Much To Eat at 3 Star Restaurants?

any time we have eaten in a Paris two - three star we have paid around 250.00 - 350.00 including wine etc. Our favorite is Tallivant - it is gracoius and friendly. the food is wonnderful. When it came to wine we gave a budget and preference and placed ourselves in the hands of the experts. They did not disappoint.

Another retaurant we love in Paris is Laurent on avenue St Gabriel - no stars but a great experience.

Sherrills Ford...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Much To Eat at 3 Star Restaurants?

My wife and I went to Paris the spring of '04 and stayed at the Four Seasons and ate at five restaurants. Our favorites in order:

1. Le Cinq (***)

2. Taillevent (***)

3. Le Grand Vefour (***)

4. Ledoyen (***)

5. Les Elysees (**)

We thought Le Cinq and Taillevent were clearly the two best and are in our favorite restaurants any where in the world. The top set menu will be 175 - 225 euro per person and wine can be a wide range, but the sommelier can always pick something great ... whatever your price range.

We have had the opportunity to be at several 3 star restaurants and I think their price ranges are all very similar with the exception of Veyrat in Megeve or Annecy which are much higher.

Mark Thompson