We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend 7 days in Brittany?

Belfast, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
How to spend 7 days in Brittany?

I am travelling to Rennes in July for 7 days with my boyfriend and was wondering where we would be best spending the week. We are thinking of hiring a car so the idea of staying a few nights before moving on seems reasonable (though we don't want to spend too long in the car driving during the week).

We like going for walks, the outdoors, relaxing, a little bit of sunbathing with nice food and drink.

Any thoughts on where we should stay, what we should do?

Many thanks

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,796 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend 7 days in Brittany?

Hire a car. You will really need it to see the various places.

Sunbathing - we've had very cold weather in Brittany in July and we've had very warm weather there. You may get sunburn or you may get chilled :o))

But the following are some of my favourite places in Brittany:

Mont St. Michel. Technically just over the border from Normandy (its been disputed throughout the centuries). Its a world heritage site, its packed but its worth visiting.

The Crozon Peninsula. Beautiful in sunny weather.

The town of Vannes.

The standing stones of Carnac.

I can't help with where to stay as we always stay on camp sites.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend 7 days in Brittany?

If you stay somewhere near St Malo, you can visit St Malo, Mont St Michel, Dinard and Dinan. All would be within about half hour or so drive from there.

My in laws live around there and I love going to all those places.

Weather is much like south west England. I'd guess not too much different to Ireland, possibly a little less chance of rain. We have had July August trip that have been great weather, mid 20's but you easily have a week when it rains some or all of the time. More likely to be dry more days than not. I'd certainly take a cardy in case and a rain mac.

All of Brittany is great, we have stayed across in the a West at St Nic, south at Pont Aven and in a few weeks time at Carnac. Like Bean we usually stay in Mobile homes in touring parks.

Enjoy

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend 7 days in Brittany?

All of the things you want to do can be experienced in any of the coastal regions in Brittany. If you want you can have a look at this thread to learn about many of the major and some of the lesser known sites in the coastal regions of Brittany. There is other useful general info in this thread as well:

tripadvisor.com/…37748007

I've written a photo report about spending 5 days exploring near Dinan/Dinard/Saint-Malo and the report is full of photos and descriptions of the places I visited. I wrote the report in a manner to assist tourists visiting the area and at the very end of the report are links to all the major tourist office websites in Brittany:

http://tinyurl.com/86s4v8f

Here is a similar photo report about spending one week exploring the Gulf of Morbihan in July based in Carnac:

http://tinyurl.com/2555vaf

4. Re: How to spend 7 days in Brittany?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 27, 2015