We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour de France

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Tour de France

We are visiting Saint-Malo in 3 weeks to catch stage 10 of Le Tour de France.

Stage 11, on the following day finishes at Mont St Michel and we plan to see this as well.

Rather than take the car, are there any direct public transport options?

I have had a quick search and the results are generally a tourist service, taking 2.5 hours on a circuitous route for a 45 to 50 minute journey by car.

Lorient, France
Level Contributor
198 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour de France

the problem is that nobody lives in mont st michel, so people go there only for touristic purpose (so certainly not enough from st malo for a direct jouney)

I found a result with keolis via dol (or portonson) with keolis

keolis-emeraude.com/images/…20A4.pdf

but in fact it would be very possible that a special bus service will be made for the tour de france

I suggest you to contact directly st malo office de tourisme and they could answer your question

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour de France

Thanks grosbill

Have seen that website already and suspected that Saint-Malo to Mont St Michel is not an obvious link.

Will probably just shoot off early in the morning and try to blag a roadside spot that will allow us a relatively swift getaway. I reckon if you got anywhere close to MSM with the car in the morning, it may be the next morning before you get it out!!

Lorient, France
Level Contributor
198 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour de France

yes go with your own car is not a good advise, some roads could be closed and you maybe won't easily find a place to park near the arrival

Mt st michel is already overcrowded in the summer, so if you add to that le tour de france arrival that would be the hell !!

4. Re: Tour de France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 18, 2014