We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time touring in brittany

ireland
1 post
Save Topic
first time touring in brittany

In august my wife and I with our two children aged6 and 4 are taking our touring caravan to france. we would like to stay somewhere in southern brittany around carnac,la trinite or gulf of morbihan areas. could anyone recomend a good campsite that would suit us and our two young children.

Northants, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time touring in brittany

In Southern Brittany there is a great site for children - Raguenes Plage near to Concarneau, Pont Aven and other beautiful places. It is clean and peaceful, has a pool and playground but is not a large resort campsite attracting hordes of teenagers. From the campsite, a short walk through a field and you are on a gorgeous little beach with a rocky little island that you can walk to at low tide. I have been to about a dozen campsites in Brittany and this is my favourite one closest to the area you describe.

Jane

x

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time touring in brittany

About a mile from the centre of La Trinité-sur-Mer, right next to a beautiful sandy beach, you will find Camping de la Plage, an excellent campsite with first-class facilities. Most emplacements are separated by mature trees and hedges. The swimming pool, children's pool and new water-chutes are extremely popular. Opposite the entrance, the campsite tennis courts and an 18-hole crazy golf course you can hire windsurfers and canoes from the campsite reception. Just 200 yards from the campsite entrance, the shop, restaurant and bar are next to the beach, where there is a terrace overlooking the bay, where you can have a drink or an evening meal. Its fantastic for young children, we used to take ours every year when they were young and they loved it. Carnac is close and so is MacDonalds!!!

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: first time touring in brittany

Hi, i stayed in la Grande Metairie last year in carnac and are returning there this year, fanastic for small children, and the price includes a kids club in the morning.

Ireland
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first time touring in brittany

Catmonty,

If you are returning to Grand Metairie PLEASE DON"T LET YOUR CHILDREN FEED THE HORSES ~ last year a young girl of 7 lost her finger doing this (her parents were with her at the time so it was not that she was unsupervised). The horses are not owned by the campsite, they lease the land to the owners and as a result no-one would accept responsibility or even help the child's family except the camping company (Keycamp I think?) Please be careful!