We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Clermont-Ferrand to Barcelona?

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
114 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Clermont-Ferrand to Barcelona?

What is the easiest and fastest way to get between these two places? We will be in France next week and would greatly love this info. Is it easier to get to Nice then down or do you have to go all the way back to Paris?

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Clermont-Ferrand to Barcelona?

Presumably you are thinking of flying. If there are no direct flights from Clermont Ferrand itself, I suggest you check the flights from Lyon which is the nearest major regional airport with services to most major European cities.

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
114 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Clermont-Ferrand to Barcelona?

Thank you for that. I was hoping to get info on more than just flying. Basically if you lived there how would you travel? What is the easiest? Train, plane, automobile? I too thought Lyon was the closest but it doesn't really seen the easiest for travel in my research so far. Thanks for any information!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1 post
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Clermont-Ferrand to Barcelona?

I was just in France last week and drove from the south of France just east of Carcassonne (on the Canal du Midi) and drove all the way up through the Auvergne back to Basel where we started. (We went to the south by way of Valence and Avignon...all by car. I had traveled by train on my own in '08 to Provence, but with the two of us, decided it would be much more fun to see more of the countryside. We are SO glad we made that choice. Absolutely loved the scenery - our return trip we drove from Carcassonne area on up to St. Flour the first day and then stayed overnight in Besançon before heading over to Basel to return our car at the Basel/Mulhouse airport. The countryside was lush, rolling valleys with huge vistas. I would do it again. The road down to Perpignan and onto Barcelona isn't all that far beyond Carcassonne. Just a thought...

4. Re: Travel from Clermont-Ferrand to Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, July 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Clermont-Ferrand