We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday/ Monday shopping in St Jean de Luz

Which Saint-Jean-de-Luz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pensacola
Level Contributor
22 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday/ Monday shopping in St Jean de Luz

We will be staying in San Sebastian and the area in May. I would like to day trip to St Jean de Luz to shop in their cute little shops. Is Sunday or Monday a bad day for stores being open to tourists? I remember some shops closed there on Monday when we were there 2 years ago. What about San Sebastian?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday/ Monday shopping in St Jean de Luz

They tend to open on Sundays during the holidays. This year the Spring holiday is up until the 12th of May so it depends when in May you are visiting.

Otherwise a lot of stores will be closed on Sunday. Monday is a more usual day for them to be open though.

I would say it is a similar story in San Sebastian.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday/ Monday shopping in St Jean de Luz

I was in San Sebastian on an August Sunday a couple of years ago and there were very few shops open even then.

3. Re: Sunday/ Monday shopping in St Jean de Luz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, July 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Jean-de-Luz