We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pau Airport to Lourdes (taxi vs. train)

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pau Airport to Lourdes (taxi vs. train)

Do they have "shared taxis" or "shared vans" at the Pau Airport which would be more economical than solo taxi?

If I decide to take the train, do the trains to Lourdes run frequently?

Once I get to Lourdes train station, do I need another taxi to get to the hotel? My hotel is near the center of sanctuary.

Thank you.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pau Airport to Lourdes (taxi vs. train)

I'm not aware of any shared transfer services in Pau airport (or any of the airports in South-west France for that matter). The distance from the train station to the sanctuary is about a 20 minute walk.

I'll leave the questions about public transport to someone else.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,180 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pau Airport to Lourdes (taxi vs. train)

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" in the first screen to avoid being transferred to RailEurope, which has higher prices and does not list all the trains. For notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pau Airport to Lourdes (taxi vs. train)

From the Lourdes Train Station to your hotel by the Sanctuary, I would take a taxi, specially if you have a suitcase. It is downhill and the sidewalks are packed. Usually costs 8€ or so. We have had to share a taxi once (2008 which was a busy year) as there were not enough taxis and there was an unusually long line waiting.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pau Airport to Lourdes (taxi vs. train)

You cannot book a ticket in advance for most of the trains from Pau to Lourdes. These are local (TER) trains, no reservations, no advance purchase reductions.

The Inter Cités trains don't need to be reserved and for a journey of only around 30 minutes it's probably not necessary.

If you can read French download the timetable from

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Midi_Pyrenees/Tridion/F…

5. Re: Pau Airport to Lourdes (taxi vs. train)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, March 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Pau