We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Pau to Candanchu

Which Pau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleethorpes, United...
1 post
Save Topic
How to get from Pau to Candanchu

I am flying into Pau on 09.07.2011 arriving 15.00hrs. I need to travel on to Candanchu. Is there any public transport that can get me there or will I have to take a taxi? If there is public transport I will need details of where to get this and any connections. Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Pau to Candanchu

My map has two places called Candanchú one on the French side of the border and one on the Spanish side. I hope it is the one on the French side but I think the bus crosses to border to go to the railway station on the Spanish side.

There is a train from Pau to Oloron Sainte Marie, then a bus, operated by SNCF the railway to replace the long-closed railway line.

The timetable should be here but for some reason I cannot open the file

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Aquitaine/Tridion/Pau_-…

There are only about 3 trains/buses a day

It's about 82km/50 miles so a taxi would cost a fortune.

Edited: 6:11 pm, May 29, 2011
2. Re: How to get from Pau to Candanchu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 22, 2013