We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!!! car rental problem

Which Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
Level Contributor
335 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!!!! car rental problem

bought the train tickets paris to libourne. booked the hotel and caves. today went to make the car reservation only to find out that the europcar agency is NOT OPEN ON SUNDAY. we come in on Thursday and leave on a Sunday evening train. I don't have a lot of hair and I'm pulling out the little that is left...please help. Suggestions? I couldn't figure out if there is a different nearby Europcar station to drop it off at and catch a cab back to the station....ANY ideas. how in the world could a car company which caters to tourists and vacationers be closed on a sunday??????

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

bean

3 replies to this topic
Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!!! car rental problem

See the duplicate thread here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k45606…

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!!! car rental problem

Both times we hired a car [we picked up and returned at Tours and Limoges airports], the office was shut when we returned the car [on a Saturday]. There was a locked box for the keys, so perhaps this is the case for you. We had no problems [ as in extra or unexpected charges]. hope you solve your problem.

new york city
Level Contributor
335 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!!! car rental problem

thank you for your response. it took a moment (would be nice if it was clearer as i tried to work on the europcar site) and called avis - spoke to a human being - and he explained it to me so they got my business! phew. breathing again.

Reply to: HELP!!!! car rental problem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted