We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best plce to stay with 10 and year old children

Manchester
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best plce to stay with 10 and year old children

Hi. I'd like to book a house/villa (with pool) for my family of 4 next summer. We've stayed in Normany, Brittany, Paris region and Vendee in previous years and I'm looking at the Dordogne region, flying to Bergerac, to see a different part of France. They like swimming, water sports, outdoors stuff. I like history, walking and eating out. My husband is happy as long as everone else is happy! Is there enough to do in this region to fill a fortnight and is there an area where all our needs can be met?

Thanks

Edited: 6:20 am, September 08, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,646 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best plce to stay with 10 and year old children

there is enough in this region to fill YEARS of fortnights - get yourself a good guidebook and then start the fun job of picking your favorites.

Gennadi, Greece
Level Contributor
51 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best plce to stay with 10 and year old children

Have a look at le banquet (www.lebanquet.com) in Les Eyzies de Tayac. We stayed there in June and it is wonderful - child friendly with a secure private pool, great accomodation and in a really great location for everything you've mentioned. www.northofthedordogne.com is the best website for the area and gives details of all the surrounding area. Our favourites were Sarlat, Domme, Le Roque Gaceac the chateus at Castlenaud and Beynac and....................everywhere we visited!

Manchester
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best plce to stay with 10 and year old children

Thanks. Thats really helpful!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best plce to stay with 10 and year old children

Just a second vote for Le Banquet in Les Eyzies. Fantastic place with lovely gardens, nice cottages, loads of things for kids to do and room to play, nice a quiet, wonderful hosts.

The Dordogne (and the Vezere, which is the next river over, where Les Eyzies is) are surrounded by thousands of things to do of all sorts. Highly recommend it.

5. Re: Best plce to stay with 10 and year old children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 13, 2013