We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lascaux Caves English language tour

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Lascaux Caves English language tour

You can pre-book your English language tour online. This has been an issue for me and several others so I want to share the info with you all. Send an email to:

contact@semitour.com

and request the day/s you are interested in. They did not give me a list of times but did offer a time based on my requirements, which was fine. The cost was euro9 per person plus a euro1 booking fee. The response time was 24hours and I experienced very professional and helpful service. For some reason it did not work on my first request but when I sent my request the other night I received an immediate reply. But all is good now. Hope this helps future visitors.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lascaux Caves English language tour

Thanks for sharing, Angel.

Could you only reserve a few weeks in advance or further out?

Edited: 7:43 pm, April 01, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,362 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lascaux Caves English language tour

we have visited Lascaux II twice -- each time we walked up and got tickets -- once within the hour -- the other time it was for 3 hours later -- so we had lunch and walked around Montignac and then drove out to the cave site

certainly getting reservations ahead is probably prudent -- but in our experience at least, they are not difficult to obtain close to the time you want to go -- they run an enormous number of English (and German and French etc) tours through every day -- they are very efficient and have tremendous capacity

The Font de Gaume on the other hand needs reservations well in advance as there are few slots per day and of course even fewer on the English tours -- we have seen many people turned away on the times we were waiting for our time slot

Mentioned in this post
Lascaux II
Lascaux II
1,912 Reviews
Montignac, France
Montignac
Montignac
Dordogne, France
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lascaux Caves English language tour

Gigis mum, I have just reserved tickets for mid June which is 2 1/2 months in advance. Not sure how far in advance you can reserve tickets. Maybe my first email went astray but my next email was answered quickly and efficiciently. Just ask for times and dates and I am sure they will advise what they can do for you. We had limited time in the region so it was important to know that we have the tour booked. It may not be such an issue if your dates are flexible. The advantage is that we are booked so we will not miss out. Good luck and enjoy.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lascaux Caves English language tour

Thanks to both of you, Janet and Angel. We're going in mid-July and I sent an email after seeing this post. We don't have much flexibility either so it will be nice to get this booked.

Thanks, Janet, for the thumbs-up on Font de Gaume. I have already secured tickets for that one.

5. Re: Lascaux Caves English language tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 25, 2012