We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding

Dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding

Hi everyone

we are trying to organise a wedding in the Dordogne - 4th June 2011. We want to rent a property that can accommodate about 20 people and also host a reception outside for around 60. We want something rustic with nice countryside around it and also something that won't break the bank. We would like to rent the property for 4 days.

Any suggestions would be so gratefully received

Twinkle

Cleckheaton, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding

Chateau Lacoste or Chateau La Bourlie at Urval. I Think they are about 3500 euros.

There are wedding organisers too who can help and will charge for their services but can make your life easier and save you money.

Dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding

Thank you very much

I will check them out - really appreciate the help

Twinkle

Dordogne
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding

There is a beautiful chateau near us in Lanouaille. It's called Chateau Durantie. I'm told it's very reasonable and you can supply your own champagne etc. They have a website.

New York
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding

It is lovely, but the management is very unprofessional. I just attended a wedding there in the first week of September. They double-booked the place and the groom had to help find a place for 20+ Australians to spend a few days; they ran out of toilet paper and other basic amenities. They didn't clean up after the wedding for days. If you self-cater, you should be alright. But don't expect or depend on anything (including having your reservation honored!).

Paris, France
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding

Look at htis website : www.chateauxcountry.com/index.php?lang=en

It lists a lot of venues in France you may find what you want !

I'm in touch with a lot of suppliers if the French wedding industry so ask me if you need something.

Cleckheaton, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding

Is this really a 'wedding' or will the bride and groom already have had a formal marriage and the chateau simply a backdrop for celebrations?

I was recently involved in a 'wedding' with 32 guests whereby we found a priest willing to do a blessing as the residential qualifications to get married in France were impossible.

Their budget started at 10k but ended up at 16k and that was with most guests paying for their own accommodation.

The freelance caterers were fantastic and English speaking

Southsea Hampshire
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding

Hi there I hope your wedding venue search is going well! We are also looking at venues in the South/Southwest of France and we have been using a very helpful company called Simply Chateau, but we are not sure if we are getting a good deal as it all seems quite pricey. I love the ideas you were sent on this forum but we need the Chateau to accommodate 40 people - eek. If you or anyone come across any, do let us know

Good luck x

Peyzac-le-Moustier...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding

We are looking for a Catholic Priest for a wedding blessing here at our property in the Vezere Valley in September. Does anyone know of someone?

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding

Hello! I've been considering a wedding at Chateau Durantie, but after seeing the comment above, I'm a little worried! Does anyone have any good reports on that venue for me? Otherwise, is there another venue in France you'd recommend?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding

I have been there and can honestly say that I found the owners wonderful.

In Chateau la Durantie it is self catered but if you want a relaxed weekend wedding with friends and family it is wonderful. And I went to france and looked at tons of Chateau's in the south/ South west region, this was my favourite. Really good value for what you get, beautiful inside and out, great owners. and when you look around at other venues i think you get a good idea that the standard of this place is high, with out the high cost's.