We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

Stockholm
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

Hi there, does anybody know where I can rent a bicycle for a day in Biarritz. Are there small roads without so much traffic around Biarritz? Easy to cycle south along the coast to Bidart and further south? Nice for a day trip to cycle around Biarritz or what do you say? It would be great with some input. Thank you. /Jesping

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

Google "location de velo biarritz". Small country roads in France usually have very little traffic but more so near and between major tourist towns. Check www.freewheelingfrance.com for good biking info in France. Also, get a Michelin map of that region of the scale 1:150,000.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

Great! Thank you French_Mystique for fast and interesting info on the subject. I check it up.

Has anybody out there cycled in the area? Suggestions for daytrips on bicycle... Come on. Thanks. /J

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

When I'm at my computer I'll have some more info for you. I'm a big fan of cycling in France. :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

I don't have time now to comment about cycling in that area, although I did spend two weeks in Bidart a few years ago driving around by car. So I didn't cycle there but since I don't have time to look over maps I'll do the best I can and give you a thread you can research for info about do it yourself cycling in France. If I do have time in the next week or so I'll try to come back with some specific tips on routes for you:

https:/…20796466

Stockholm
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

Great info again. Thanks F_M! The link you sent is perfect. Have a nice Thursday. /J

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

I've only ridden out of Biarritz, not extensively in the metro area, but my recollection was that it was fairly busy and you would want to get out in the country ASAP. But once you were there it was fantastic.

There are serious mountains further inland but you could easily figure out a circular route that would avoid the worst of them and take you back again without too much strain. Try the RideWithGPS website (typical link posted below) for examples that people including me have done.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/1178215

Edited: 2:32 am, March 10, 2016
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

There are several bicycle hire shops but not many cycle routes in the city itself. The local government recently decided to create more cycle paths and greenways in Biarritz but it is a long way until completion. Biarritz is one of the last (or first) legs on the Velodyssey cycle route: http://www.velodyssey.com

If you go north towards Hossegor then there are several dedicated bike paths in the woods.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

Hi and thank you both jslonisch and BiarritzTaxi! So good to get info from you. I'm so happy. Wanna go to Biarritz right away. I will look into websites after work and enjoy. All the best out there. /Jesping

9. Re: Bicycle hire in Biarritz? Where? Cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 12, 2017