We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

biarritz/beer/nightlife?

co.clare
1 post
Save Topic
biarritz/beer/nightlife?

25 lads thinking about going to biarritz in march 2007.whats the city like at night and any idea on prices of beer nightclubs etc? CHEERS

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: biarritz/beer/nightlife?

It may be a bit too quiet and reserved for 25 lads from County Clare, besides "beer nightclubs" are not big in the Basque Country. You may want to consider Ibiza instead.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: biarritz/beer/nightlife?

Biarritz is only a fairly small sized town. It can be very quiet at night in March - it's only really a party town in the summer. There is a good nightlife for bar hopping, but most of the bars are smaller, intimate places.

Beer is not cheap - 3-4.5 euros for a small beer (not a pint). Wine is much cheaper.

Darwin Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: biarritz/beer/nightlife?

I agree that Biarritz might be a bit staid for 25 lads. Need to be a bit careful there too. We had our tyres slashed one night because we looked sideways at some likely lads. Bayonne next to Biarritz is probably more of a party town. San Sebastian over the border is better again. Remember that all of these places are Basque strongholds and that many people in these towns are Basques before they are French or Spanish. They can be a bit touchy. I played rugby in the area for a couple of years and had some Basque mates and the feelings seem to run fairly deep and they can be pretty insular. I reckon that somewhere like Toulouse or Montpellier with a big student population would be better hunting grounds. Im reading between the lines here.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: biarritz/beer/nightlife?

I think it's definitely worth pointing out that there is no "beery" culture in Biarritz/France. Beer is drunk primarily for refreshment, by the glass - to accompany a meal, or for refreshment at any time of the day. it is not part of the local culture to drink several pints.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: biarritz/beer/nightlife?

stockmos, You make an excellent point.

6. Re: biarritz/beer/nightlife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 18, 2009