We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

Bristol
Level Contributor
700 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

Hi all

We will be coming from Biarritz Airport on Saturday 21st - please could someone let me know which stop we need to get off on the public bus?

Also, we are planning to get the Pesa bus from Biarritz to San Seb on the Tuesday - does anyone know where we would get that bus from please?

Thanks.

Zoe

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,845 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

One PESA bus runs from the airport and doesn't stop anywhere else

The PESA timetable, which you can download at pesa.net/pesa/…Sn_Sn-_Aerop_iIarritz_web.pdf

And the others stop at the tourist office in Biarritz and Bayonne and a couple of other places listed at

www.pesa.net/pesa/horarios/ctrl_horarios.php…

The city bus map is at www.chronoplus.eu the number 14 runs from the airport into the town centre but stops quite a little way away from the hotel.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,942 posts
476 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

Most of the buses stop at the Mairie in Biarritz. From the Mairie to Le Grand Large is about a 10 minute walk. I would suggest picking up a map from the tourist office (next to the Mairie) as it is not a particularly easy route to find.

Bristol
Level Contributor
700 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

Thanks for the responses.

So - getting into Biarritz, we need to get off at the Mairie Hotel? I have had a look at the links but my language skills aren't great - can we actually get a bus from Biarritz centre (rather than the airport) to Donostia? If so, do you have any idea where the stop might be in the centre please?

Thanks.

Zoe

Bristol
Level Contributor
700 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

Hi

Sorry to chase but could anyone else help with this please? I really can't get the info from the links.

Firstly, what is the stop we need to get off at in Biarritz closest to Le Grand Large on the way in from the Airport please?

Secondly, does a bus go from Biarritz centre straight through to San Seb please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Zoe

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,942 posts
476 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

Trip Advisor didn't send me an email to say that anyone had posted other questions here so I haven't been back for a while sorry. The Biarritz bus plan for the winter is now available: chronoplus.eu/ftp/Plan_reseau_chronoplus_jan…

Take the bus all the way to the Mairie then get off there and walk: http://goo.gl/maps/6kFlG

I have never caught the bus to San Sebastian but from what I can understand off the PESA website it leaves from the Mairie stop as indicated above.

Bristol
Level Contributor
700 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

That's really good of you - thanks very much for your help. I presume that the Mairie is the central bus station?

Zoe

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,942 posts
476 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

Pretty much, yes. Biarritz is quite small and not designed for buses so the road outside the Mairie is the chosen spot for buses.

Bristol
Level Contributor
700 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

Thanks all again for your help.

9. Re: Getting to Le Grand Large and drop off points

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Biarritz