We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Biarritz

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Biarritz

We are travelling to Biarritz for one night on Friday before moving to our holiday house rental. We are staying at Hotel de Silhouette. We really love our food! I've been doing some research but haven't really came across anywhere that stands out yet so I'm looking for a little advice. I've read that there are some good restaurants near our hotel or my other thought is le pim'pi as it's rated number 1 on here. We are a couple early 30's, looking for some great regional food, not necessarily Michelin starred.

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Biarritz
Biarritz
Basque Country, France
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

Pim'pi is good and is a family-run restaurant. Just the other side of the street from your hotel is Bar Jean (Rue des Halles). Very much a local feel and style of cooking: barjean-biarritz.com/Demarrage/Accueil.html

Edited: 8:50 am, May 26, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Bar Jean
Bar Jean
1,963 Reviews
Biarritz, France
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

Thank you! Think Bar Jean seems like a good option as it's so close by to our hotel. If we go there for dinner on Friday - will we need to book? Also do you have any recommendations for lunch on Saturday please?

Mentioned in this post
Bar Jean
Bar Jean
1,963 Reviews
Biarritz, France
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

Bar Jean is very popular with locals and Friday night is primetime so get there early or try and book. You might be squeezed in with others so be aware of that.

I would probably go to Pim'pi for lunch on Saturday. They usually have a good lunch menu option.

Mentioned in this post
Bar Jean
Bar Jean
1,963 Reviews
Biarritz, France
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

Thank you! What time is early for dinner? I think we will try Pim'pi for lunch. Really looking forward to our trip now, just have to organise myself to pack now.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

I suppose early is around 6 but they may not have started serving yet so maybe 7 o'clock. I spoke to some clients today who stayed at Hotel Silhouette who also dined at Bar Jean for its proximity, they were very impressed.

Mentioned in this post
Bar Jean
Bar Jean
1,963 Reviews
Biarritz, France
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

Bar Jean is good, very lively. The French eat early in that region, 6.30 is probably early enough.

Mentioned in this post
Bar Jean
Bar Jean
1,963 Reviews
Biarritz, France
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

Thanks for the recommendations. We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Bar Jean (although nearly went to Cafe Jean by accident - are these businesses the same?) and had a great lunch at Le Pim'pi the following day.

Mentioned in this post
Bar Jean
Bar Jean
1,963 Reviews
Biarritz, France
Cafe Jean
Cafe Jean
398 Reviews
Biarritz, France
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

Excellent! The two 'Jean' venues are indeed owned by the same people.

Also good to hear that Pim'pi is still good. I was speaking to one of the taxi guys at the airport the other day, he has lived in Biarritz all of his life and frequently goes to Pim'pi for lunch. Can't get better recommendations than that!

Mentioned in this post
Biarritz
Biarritz
Basque Country, France
9. Re: Restaurants in Biarritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:36 am, June 18, 2014