We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Biarritz to Hossegor

Stockholm
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Biarritz to Hossegor

Hi there

Also posted this in the Hossegor forum.

I'm going to be visiting Hossegor from Edinburgh at the end of January. I will be arriving after 8pm at Biarritz on a Wednesday and needing to be back at the airport for about 6 on the Monday.

What options do I have? If I need a taxi can you name some good companies and how much you roughly think it would cost??

Thanks very much for any help you can give. :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,896 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Biarritz to Hossegor

There are no buses as late as 8pm. Taxi is your only option. Sorry I cannot recommend one but a regular contributor to this forum is locally connected shall I say!

If you mean 6 in the evening coming back, there is a bus from Hossegor to Bayonne in the afternoons. Here's the timetable

rdtl.fr/file_pdf/…20Bayonne.pdf

Bayonne is roughly the same distance from the airport as Biarritz. There's a local bus between Bayonne and the airport about every half hour

chronoplus.eu/ftp/…Fiche_horaire_LigneC.pdf

I hope that helps.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Biarritz to Hossegor

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Would be 6AM coming back.

Never driven anywhere except the UK before but might be cheaper just renting a car from the airport.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Biarritz to Hossegor

Hire car might be a good option or you could consider staying overnight in Biarritz. If you are coming to this area for the surf then Biarritz has two excellent beaches on offer.

Alternatively as cubsur has kindly suggested you could contact one of the transfer companies in the area...

Stockholm
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Biarritz to Hossegor

Hello again.

I've decided to fly to Bordeaux second week in February and I'm meeting my girlfriend there for a couple days then going to travel to Dax via train. Are there any buses from Dax to Hossegor on a Sunday?

Thanks.

5. Re: Transport from Biarritz to Hossegor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Biarritz