We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Biarritz July

Dubai
1 post
Save Topic
Going to Biarritz July

Hi there,

My girlfirend and i are going to Biarritz on the 15th of July untill the 18th and staying at the Sofitel Miramar, can you please advice on good things to do and we are thinking of doing a one day trip to Spain any advice on that too it will be great.

Thanks,

Ibo

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Biarritz July

Sit on the beach at night around midnight listening to the sea while having a nice bottle of wine.

Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Biarritz July

If you're staying in the Miramar, you are hardly the type who'd enjoy getting off your head on the beach at night.

If you have a car, it is easy enough to get to San Sebastian - less than an hour's drive. Otherwise, forget it, as it is not that easy a journey by bus or train.

Try the Spa in your hotel or, just go and sit on the beach below it. Plenty of activity and people everywhere this time of year.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,618 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Biarritz July

With your few days here you should just explore the coastal places south of Biarritz to the Spanish border. There is train and bus service to all the coastal towns so getting from one to the other is easy. Your local tourist office will have all the bus and train schedule info you will need. Explore Biarritz and its sister city Bayonne. You should not miss the town of St. Jean de Luz, a beautiful old city with old architecture and full of life with loads of shops, restaurants and boutiques. This is the most beautiful and lively town in the region. Go across the harbor from St. Jean de Luz to Ciboure. Just down the coast from here visit Hendaye and its Spanish sister across the harbor Hondarribia. As previously mentioned San Sebastian is definitely worth a visit but I don't know much about bus or train info to get there. Again, ask at the tourist office.

Also ask at the the tourist office for info about the Littoral, a walking trail that runs along the coast that makes a very pleasant and scenic walk. The beaches in this area are super and this area is also the surf capital of Europe, if you like surfing. There will be all kinds of places on the beach to rent surf and other water sports equipment. I think you'll enjoy just relaxing on the beach too. If shopping is your thing you'll find plenty of that in Biarritz. You won't have more time with your limited stay to do more in this area than what I have suggested.

Edited: 1:41 pm, July 13, 2010
4. Re: Going to Biarritz July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 10, 2011