We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

biarritz to pamplona

UK
6 posts
biarritz to pamplona

i am coming to Biarritz airport on wednesdau 1st november. Could someone let me know the cheapest way (bus/train) to go to pamplona frm there and there details.

Thank you

Sherine

sherinebaachi@hotmail.com

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,076 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: biarritz to pamplona

The train journey options are not very clever! Have travelled a bit in this area.

First you have to take a train from Biarritz across the border to Irun, Spain.

These are irregular and take about 30 - 40 minutes. Ticket €5.20 if using local train, more if fast train required.

From Irun to Pamplona there are only three direct trains a day, leaving at 1030, 1705 and 2240. Journey costs €15 - €20 depending on the departure time; journey lasts around 2 hours.

There are more options with a change of train in San Sebastian but with very long waits between trains of 2 or 3 hours.

I wasn't able to pick out any obvious extras using local trains Irun - Altsasu - Pamplona as the two lines don't connect with each other timewise.

French train times at www.sncf.com

Spanish times at www.renfe.es, Spanish language only

Can't help with buses sorry.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: biarritz to pamplona

You can take the bus from the airport into Biarritz and from there to San Sebastian-Donostia where you can connect to Pamplona.

http://www.pesa.net/pesa/home/ctrl_index.php

3. Re: biarritz to pamplona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Biarritz