We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to St Jean Pied de Port

nyc
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Train to St Jean Pied de Port

I am having trouble getting information from the SNCF web site on a train from Bordeaux to St Jean. I know that the train from Bayonne to St Jean is a local; does that mean that I can't book the journey in advance?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Bayonne
Bayonne
Basque Country, France
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to St Jean Pied de Port

I can think of no reason why you cannot book a ticket from Bordeaux to St Jean-Pied-de-Port via Bayonne. There is obviously no financial benefit in doing so for the second leg, although the could be for the service from Bordeaux,. However, if there is a reasonably tight connectin time in Bayonne, you will not want to have to stop off for to buy the second ticket. I assume that you are plannin on leaving Bordeaux sufficiently early in the day to catch the second train.

Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
Basque Country, France
Bayonne
Bayonne
Basque Country, France
nyc
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to St Jean Pied de Port

Based on your reply I went back to retry it. I needed to enter the "via" field for it to return the route.

Thanks

3. Re: Train to St Jean Pied de Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 20, 2015