We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in the area

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Camping in the area

Good evening,

In advance I thank anyone who can add their information to this request :D

We have narrowed down our search for a more southerly camping holiday this year. The last 2 years we have camped in Berny Riviere in Picardy. The site is large and with excellent pool facilities, but crucially, you are far enough away from the main 'bars' to not be disturbed by late night music.

We have children of 6 and 15, so pools, beach, slides and entertainment are a must. This is where the oximoronic nature of our needs comes in; my wife and I adore camping far out into the Lake District for the peace and quiet. With this being a family summer holiday we have to compromise.

We have been impressed by Le Tedey, Les Grand Pins and La Rive. Our only problem with the latter 2 is the focus on entertainment. Le Tedey lacks a pool.

Agghhh......

Any help for a frustrated researcher would be hugely appreciated!

Bill

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,455 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in the area

None of these campsites are in Bordeaux (which is 60 miles from a beach) and I can find at least three Camping Les Grands Pins in the surrounding region.

Can you be a bit more specific about the locations please?

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in the area

Le Grand Pins is in/near Lacanau. Could you direct me to the most suitable forum?

3. Re: Camping in the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 29, 2015