We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Festival

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Festival

Hello there,

I did a search to find out when the festival will take place this year and if I'm correct it will be the last weekend in June - I believe up to the 29th. With such a large event taking place how long after this will the chateaux start opening again for visitors? Unfortunately can't make our trip coincide with the festival but will probably be in Bordeaux around the 12th July.

Thanks

Bordeaux, France
Destination Expert
for Bordeaux
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Festival

The festival program is almost entirely separate from the châteaux's activities. There are several properties which participate in festival events, but for the most part château visits continue as scheduled—the major effect of the event may be to make it more difficult to get appointments at some properties due to the greater number of people coming to Bordeaux that week.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Festival

Thank you for your reply, I knew you'd have the correct information, you've been most helpful to us in the past.

I am surprised though - as it's such a major event I really thought everyone would be involved. Good to know that we'll be able to visit the vineyards whilst we are there in Bordeaux.

Thanks very much

3. Re: Wine Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 27, 2015