We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Bordeaux

Birmingham
1 post
Save Topic
Info on Bordeaux

Hi I'm studying French for my A-levels and one of the tasks I've been set is to research a area of France in detail including finding information on tourism, employment, industry, and population. The area I have chosen is Bordeaux but I have found it hard to find the detailed information that I need as I don't really know where to look. I would appreciate any information or guidence. Thanks

Mérignac, France
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Bordeaux

Hello!

I understand your plight in finding information about the city itself: most guidebooks I've encountered include about 4 pages (pictures included) on the city and then branch out to the wineries. I did, however, find a nice book about the city itself at the Tourist Office called "Bordeaux: Aspects of Aquitaine", which they sell for 7 euros. It covers the town rather extensively for tourism and architecture beginning with a brief history of the city. They may also have stats about the population and industry, but you may have more luck contacting the Chamber of Commerce:

Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie

12 pl Bourse

33076 Bordeaux

FRANCE

05 56 79 50 00 (country code for France = 33, and take off the 1st "0" when calling from outside France)

fax : .05 56 81 80 45

Mail : bourse@bordeaux.cci.fr

Office de Tourisme

12 cours 30 Juillet

33000 BORDEAUX

05 56 00 66 00

fax : 05 56 00 66 01

www.bordeaux-tourisme.com

Good luck!

Manchester, England
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Bordeaux

Hello 'Jenner'

My name is David Courtney and \I can appreciate your problems - I lost a digital camera in the 'left luggage' at Bordeaux St. Jean station on 14th. December and have been trying for the past 18 days to contact the station but find it impossible to get a phone or fax no. for the station. I got the numbers for the Office of Tourism and sent a fax (in my rather poor French unfortunately) but they have not acknowledged it nor have they passed it to the station (which is I believe, the same building) to reply to. From this you will see the problems which Bordeaux presents to tourists and travellers under any circumstances; even common curtesy seems to be lacking. Or maybe they just do not want visitors coming to Bordeaux. Hope you have better luck than I have had so far.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Bordeaux

Hi There,

here are the adresses of the Boutques SNCF at Boreaux. maybe they can assist you contacting the sation directly.

Philipp

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on Bordeaux

Sorry, I forgot to isert

Boutique SNCF

Centre commercial des 4 pavillons

33310 Lormont Rive Droite

Horaires d'ouverture : Lundi : de 13h �� 20h

Mardi �� samedi : de 9h �� 20h

Boutique SNCF

Centre commercial de M��riadeck

33000 Bordeaux M��riadeck

Horaires d'ouverture : Lundi �� samedi : de 9 h �� 20h

Spain
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on Bordeaux

Objets trouves Mairie de bordeaux: 00 33 5 56 44 20 18

boston, ma.
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Info on Bordeaux

Hi, I live in the United States and have a friend that lives in Bordeaux along with his parents. I am trying to locate him, and just received a letter from him and his wife and unfortunately he did not include his mailing address. His name is Rob Pierce and was wondering if you could find any information on him and perhaps give me his address or give him my e-mail. it would be so appreciated. thank you

kathy mcclellan

Tewksbury, Massachusetts

mcclellan1979@comcast.net