We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go??

Which Bordeaux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go??

Hi, my wife and I (Both late 20's) are travelling to France next May/June and looking at spending a few weeks there. After being in Paris we would love to go to Bordeaux and visit wineries, but not sure where else to visit while we're there before going to Geneva. Any Ideas and destinations would be very helpful.

Taylor

Aust.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go??

Bordeaux itself is stacked with places of interest.

Suggest you start here www.bordeaux-tourisme.com/index_uk.html

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go??

Bordeaux seems a bit out of the way if your destination after Paris is Geneva. There are wine regions all over France. Is there a particular reason for choosing Bordeaux. Fine if there is, but if not you might think more in terms of traveling east from Paris.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go??

What would you suggest east of Paris? I figured Bordeaux as its always one of the wine regions most talked about.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go??

Here is a map with the wine regions of France and information about them:

http://about-france.com/wine-map.htm

Given you plans, I suggest you spend some time in the famous wine region of Burgundy which is in Eastern France and broadly between Paris and Geneva. Lovely wines and excellent food, and many interesting sights to see:

http://www.burgundy-tourism.com/

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go??

I would vote for Burgundy as well...

Kells, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go??

there is a town close to Bordeaux called Saint Emilion famous for its wine but beautiful too. in addition Bordeaux itself is great to just walk around aimlessly. myself and my partner just walked around the town for 2 days and were sad to leave the place

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go??

Thanks for that, I'll definitely consider that.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go??

Another vote for Burgundy that would make a lot more sens since your heading to Geneva after.

9. Re: Where to go??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 03, 2014