We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Choice

Which Bordeaux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Choice

Am doing a pretty last minute trip to Bordeaux - 2 nights 3 people.

Looking at several hotels

In order of price (lowest to highest)

Ibis Budget centre Bordeaux (ex Etap)

Novotel Bordeaux Centre

Adagio Gambetta

Hotel Acanthe

The Ibis is quite a bit less and I know it would be a far more basic hotel with smaller room.

Any opinions.

Merci beaucoup

raquel

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,835 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Choice

Ibis Budget centre Bordeaux (ex Etap)

This one is across the river from the city centre in the Bastide district. There is a tram stop about 200 metres away for easy access into the city and a supermarket nearby for necessities. Ibis Budget are ok for a short stay, nothing wrong with them but yes they are bit basic.

I am staying at the Ibis Bastide for a couple of nights in July. That's almost next to the Ibis Budget.

There are other Ibis hotels nearer the city centre eg Ibis St Jean near the station and Hotel Ibis Styles Bordeaux Gare Saint Jean (ex all seasons) same area. I have stayed in both and again there is nothing at all wrong with them for a short stay. Trams also stop very close by. They are a few minutes from the actual city centre. Bordeaux is a big place!

Novotel Bordeaux Centre

This one is right in the city near the Meriadeck shopping centre. Same chain as Ibis, but a bit more upmarket. I stayed in the next door Ibis. It's a busy area with plenty of places to eat and drink.

This page lists all their hotels in the Bordeaux area. Le Lac, Aeroport and Pessac are way out in the suburbs.

ibis.com/hotel-directory/…bordeaux-hotel.htm

The Adagio Gambetta is also near Meriadeck, the Hotel Acanthe near the Bourse (Stock Exchange) and very close to the city centre. I haven't stayed in either but I am sure you will find reviews and comments on TA and elsewhere.

I hope that helps.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Choice

Hi cubsur,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I did check the TA reviews. I ended up booking the Adagio Gambetta before your replied and have come and gone. It was very modern. It might have been a bit nicer to stay in a place with more historical character in Bordeaux - but that is really not a complaint. The hotel was perfect for 3. It had a sliding partition. There was a well equipped kitchenette which we really did not need for such a short stay. Though since we were so near to the supermarket in the Meriadeck Centre we perhaps should have used it. The bathroom was amazing. It was a really good size and had both a shower and a tub.

The area was convenient. We walked pretty well everywhere. All in all a positive stay.

I am sure the any of the Ibis or Ibis budget would have been fine.

Thanks again.

raquel

Edited: 12:18 pm, February 25, 2013
3. Re: Hotel Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 27, 2014