We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Museum in Chartrons

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
308 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Museum in Chartrons

Bonjour,

I have been trying to get information regarding the Wine museum in Chartrons, I have emailed direct to them and also to the Tourisme office and have not received replies.

My question is that they advertise a tour through the Museum, I wanted to know if a booking is required or can you simply arrive, I had the idea that it was not a guided tour but a do it yourself with audio available.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance.

1. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 pm, February 16, 2013
Essex
Level Contributor
28,413 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

Hello Sunshineqld

I guess you found the Museum website...

http://www.mvnb.fr/en/index.php

I don't know the museum. I have to admit, that like you, I have dound the visiting advice on the website a bit ambiguous.

However, as they have a fee there for audioguides, I'd venture a guess that you can turn up when you want (during opening hours of course :-P) and tour the museum at your own pace. I hope you enjoy it, and please post back or write a review, sounds like it could be interesting.

@ the member who has made post#1, then please read the Forum posting guidelines. Self Promoting on TA is a big NO NO....

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

Hi Essexwanderer,

I agree with you regarding the website.

We are staying in Chartrons so will just arrive, thanks again for the reply.

Cheers.......

Bordeaux, France
Destination Expert
for Bordeaux
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

I've been to the museum several times—although not in the past five years, so things may have changed since my last visit. There is no need to book in advance, you follow a set itinerary to see the different displays in order.

The museum is a former négociant's house/cellar and is owned by a family whose connections to one of Bordeaux's great négociant companies makes this a good, authoritative introduction to the local wine trade.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,413 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

Good Luck, because like you, I am just guessing!

Still, if you are staying nearby, guess it is not too difficult to pop in and enquire, if you did that on day 1 you could always book for a later time or day if necessary, eh!

Hope it all works out for you

Regards, EW

Essex
Level Contributor
28,413 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

Oh, Hello DMJ, I was hoping you would spot his thread, I had the feeling you would know the answer!

It looks like Sunshineqld & I had made the right guess between us, but thanks for clarifying!

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

Hi,

Thankyou, I also was hoping DMJ would see this question.

Cheers......

Bordeaux
Level Contributor
31 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

The museum is very small but very informative. They cover the wine merchant business in depth and have some classic examples of merchant trade from the 17th and 18th centuries. It is hard to find on a small street in the chartrons area. No need to book a tour though as there is normally someone on hand to offer explanations. You may spend about 1/2 hr max at the site.

9. Re: Wine Museum in Chartrons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 19, 2014