We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bordeaux to rennes

Which Bordeaux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
bordeaux to rennes

We will be travelling from Bordeaux to Rennes in July and it appears the train goes from Bordeaux to Paris and then across to Rennes.

Our other option is to hire a car - does anyone have any suggestions?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,160 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bordeaux to rennes

The French train system is based lines radiating out from Paris.

You have the choice between spending around 6 hours sitting comfortably in a train, or spending about the same time in less comfort (and with more stress) in a car.

It is some 470 km from Bordeaux to Rennes: the car journey would require some 5 hours of actual driving, plus probably around an hour for stops.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,660 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bordeaux to rennes

www.chalair.eu operate flights Bordeaux to Rennes

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bordeaux to rennes

There are trains that go from Bordeaux to Nantes and from there to Rennes. Although this might well take as long as going via Paris, it would probably be cheaper.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,741 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bordeaux to rennes

That option above is worth a look.

That's the way I go to see friends near Nantes. Most websites offer the fastest route, but taking the train via Nantes will be probably be cheaper. I recommend reservation. It's not compulsory on that line, but the trains are very busy and seats will be hard to find if you don't have a reservation. You also get much cheaper prices by buying in advance.

It takes around 4 hours to get from Bordeaux to Nantes, then from Nantes to Rennes a further 1 hour 15 minutes. In July there should be four or five trains a day from Bordeaux to Nantes, with some continuing to Rennes on their way to Quimper. Otherwise a change of train is needed in Nantes.

I hope that helps.

Edited: 6:45 am, February 11, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bordeaux to rennes

Thanks so much for all your help - I am now going to look at the Nantes option Maybe we could hire a car from Nantes and travel to Josselin , where we will be staying. regards Pam

6. Re: bordeaux to rennes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 16, 2014