We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bordeaux wine tours

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Topic
Bordeaux wine tours

We just returned from 12 days in southwestern France. I did a lot of homework and made appointments for private tours and tastings at the top chateaux. However, we also went on the Bordeaux Office du Tourisme tours. They are excellent. The guides are bilingual (English/French) and highly informed. Go to the website and book your tours in advance. They are very popular -- completely booked even in November. The price is very reasonable for what you get -- an English-speaking, well-informed guide, someone to drive you around, and visits/tastings at either two chateaux or one chateau plus a town tour (St. Emilion, for example).

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Saint-Emilion
Saint-Emilion
Gironde, France
Vermont
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bordeaux wine tours

I am planning a similar trip for Sept 2006. I am having dificulty locating hotel options in the Medoc area north of Bordeaux. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bordeaux wine tours

Gracie51,

Try a B&B called Le Moulin in the northern Medoc town of St.Yzans. They have a web site: http://medoc.hote.free.fr

THe Pognots are very nice people, and offer not only beautiful rooms and a warm welcome, but good dinners. If you let them know in advance that you want the "table d'hotes" (dinner with your hosts)you get a several course meal with wine very reasonably.

Mr. Pognot is a wonderful cook! They speak only a few words of English. We have taken tour groups there, and have stayed on our own as well.

Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bordeaux wine tours

Oops, I closed the message before adding that you could also contact the Maison du Tourism et du Vins in Pauillac:

www.pauillac-medoc.com. They may have a kisting of hotels, or be able to email you one.