We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strasbourg in September - one day report

Which Strasbourg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Strasbourg in September - one day report

A lot of people wonder if it is worth visiting Strasbourg for just one day. I would say that it is frustrating but it is certainly worth it. I spent a lovely 26 hours there last week and made this rather extensive report about what I saw there: http://tinyurl.com/sxb-2012

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

Fantastic pictures - thanks BUT they really clogged my computer up and I had to reboot twice .... GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR

Please tell the correspondent on the forum it originally appeared on that the CROCODILE is related to a famous restaurant Au Crocodile just off the Place Kléber which HAD two Michelin stars ... which was then recently downgraded to one. The owner sold it in shame and the new owner is moving heaven and earth to get that second star back!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

Sorry -- I know on that message board, it is recommended to only put about 10 pictures per post for the comfort of people with older computers or questionable internet connections -- but when you have a lot to post, it just becomes impossible!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

We're off to Strasbourg for a few days next year and seeing these photos makes me so happy I'm visiting that part of the world.

Excellent photos, thanks so much.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

Thanks for the photos.

Considering a trip in December.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

Strasbourg is fantastic in December, but the hotels in the center of the city are probably already booked for most dates.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
902 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

What an absolutely wonderful report.

You have convinced me that Strasbourg will be included in next years' travels. I am taking my oldest son to Germany and was drifting through the forums for inspiration for a few days somewhere special... thanks to you, I found it. This will be his first taste of France. (and we will definitely do that boat cruise). Funnily enough, I passed through Strasbourg nearly 30 years ago, looking forward to a proper visit. THANK YOU !!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

Kerouac, thanks for the report. Just last night I booked an overnight trip to Strasbourg in late November (Mon Nov 26-Tues Nov 27). I was lucky to get a hotel on Place Kleber and am looking forward to seeing the sights and Christmas markets. And taking the boat tour although I'll probably opt for a covered boat.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
902 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

Bumping this for the benefit of another poster who is a photographer....

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
902 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

Bumping again....

10. Re: Strasbourg in September - one day report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 pm, March 25, 2013