We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is It Possible to Buy TER Tickets From St. Louis?

Which Strasbourg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is It Possible to Buy TER Tickets From St. Louis?

I will be at Basel-Mullhouse-Freiburg Airport on 26 February 2009. And planning to go to Strasbourg from there. As I've read on other topics, the easiest way to go there is from St. Louis. And I think the TER which is regional train of France is the cheapest! So is it possible to buy TER tickets from St. Louis railway station without a reservation and how much does it cost approximately? I really need to be answered. Thank you in advance.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,530 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is It Possible to Buy TER Tickets From St. Louis?

<<<And I think the TER which is regional train of France is the cheapest!>>>

This is not necessarily true. Advance Purchase TGV tickets (PREMS) can be much cheaper to the same destination as what is available on the TER.

<<<So is it possible to buy TER tickets from St. Louis railway station without a reservation>>>

Generally, TER tickets are not available as reserved tickets.

<<<how much does it cost approximately?>>>

This depends upon who is traveling, when, class of service and other parameters. Information is available here:

www.ter-sncf.com

The same information is generally available here:

www.voyages-sncf.com

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is It Possible to Buy TER Tickets From St. Louis?

You're right the best way is to take the train from St Louis (first a short bus ride from the airport). Look out to leave the airport on the French side not the Swiss.

At St Louis station you don't have the option of TGV trains so all trains you will take don't have any reservations, you just catch the next one leaving. You buy the ticket at the station, sorry I don't know the price but I guess 10-15 euros, it's just over 1 hour journey time. TER (Regional) trains are a little bit quicker than the rest of the trains (local) as they stop less often, but it is not worth waiting for one if a local train is just leaving.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is It Possible to Buy TER Tickets From St. Louis?

Thank you so much for your answers. Really help:)

4. Re: Is It Possible to Buy TER Tickets From St. Louis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 17, 2009