We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Morning train

Which Colmar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
401 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Early Morning train

We have a 5:50 am train leaving Colmar. The sky will still be dark when we have to make our way to the train station. The nearest hotel is Best Western but it is a little out of our budget. We are thinking about staying about 500 m away. How safe is it to walk towards the train station that early in the morning?

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Morning train

I wouldn't anticipate any problems. Check out your route beforehand so that you don't get lost and make sure that your hotel knows that you are leaving that early, many French hotels are effectively unstaffed overnight.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Morning train

Safe as houses and if you are really concerned, your hotel could book you a taxi.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
401 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Morning train

I have decided to stay at Best Western after all since it is just opposite the train station.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,573 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Morning train

I think u are trabelling soon, it will not be dark at 5:30 ,,it is light out by five or even earlier in June and early July

5. Re: Early Morning train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Colmar