We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calais to Akers guarda

Which Colmar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Battle, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Calais to Akers guarda

Hi. We are a family of 4 also driving Calais to lake guarda August 20th, stopping off for 2 nights in Colmar, have everything booked, but any tips on the journey woud be apreceated. Sorry tat should be Lake Guarda

Edited: 1:29 am, August 14, 2013
Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calais to Akers guarda

It's a LONG drive from Calais to Colmar!! I know because I do it regularly! You have no real choice as to the A26 from Colmar to Reims, then either A4 to Strasbourg and A35 down to Colmar or A4 to Metz, then A31 down to Nancy, and then cross over on the Col de Bonhomme to Kaysersberg and to Colmar. It depends on your toll budget, how dependent you are on service stations for meals and coffees (not a lot available on the main roads outside the meal times ... 12-1.30 and 6.30-8.

From Calais to Lake Garda ... you'll need to buy a vignette at the Swiss border (40 SFr) ... and have change for the Italian motorway tolls if you're routing via Milan.

www.viamichelin.fr is your friend ...

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calais to Akers guarda

It should be Lake Garda without a u. I second the recommendation for viamichelin. You can pay the Italian & French tolls by Visa or Amex.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calais to Akers guarda

I have to admit that I was intrigued by Akers guarda ....!!

Edited: 6:22 am, August 14, 2013
4. Re: Calais to Akers guarda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 16, 2014