We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any really good hotels here?

South Africa
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Any really good hotels here?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good hotel in Colmar during the Christmas period? I read a lot up about Colmar, and know that there is a lot of Christmas decorations, ice skating rinks etc.

The best hotel that I found so far is Le Colombier. Any recommedations. Or anyone stayed there so far? I'm a total freak when it comes to clean and fabulous hotels.. and want it to be in the center of attention :) dont want to travel to far to town (want to walk). Want to have a view!

Thanks! :)

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any really good hotels here?

Le Colombier is a good hotel.

>>>I'm a total freak when it comes to clean and fabulous hotels.. and want it to be in the center of attention :)<<<

Sorry but I don't think that there's anywhere that could be guaranteed 100% sure of fitting your criteria, because Alsace is not that sort of a place. The hotel will be clean, and will certainly be in easy walking distance of all the winter attractions.

What do you mean by having 'a view'? That's not so stupid a question as you might think, because although you will have a window, there is no guarantee of a view except of other buildings around you as you are in the centre of the town.

The only hotels with 'views' would be those in the countryside or small villages ... but central Colmar, whilst not urban, is certainly built up.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any really good hotels here?

There are reviews for dozens of Colmar hotels on tripadvisor.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g187073-Colmar_Alsa…

South Africa
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any really good hotels here?

What is best? Sleeping two nights in Colmar, or two nights in Strasbourg? because we only have 3 days here.. I've goolged Colmar and Strasbourg so much by now.

But cant decide which one we will enjoy more...

Any ideas?

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any really good hotels here?

We stayed at the Hostelerie le Marechal (they do have a web site - just google the name-) E-mail: marechal@calixo.net location: 4 pl Six Montagnes Noires

It's located on a canal, has charming rooms, a good restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay there - you can easily walk just about everywhere in the old town

jhgrady

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any really good hotels here?

We loved Le Colombier in Colmar when we stayed there a few years, an immaculately clean hotel in the heart of this beautiful small city.

Strasbourg is a great city, albeit on a larger scale. 2 nites is all you have? I'd pick Colmar, but your mileage may vary.

6. Re: Any really good hotels here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, December 02, 2010