We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

route du vin map?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
route du vin map?

I am coming to Colmar and was wondering if it is easy to find a map of the Route du Vin?

Thank you in advance :)

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: route du vin map?

There is a gift shop in Colmar that sells typical tourist knick knacks. The owner of that shop is a wonderful man who is very helpful. He stuck several pamphlets in our bag of purchases. One was a map of the various wineries etc... I imagine similar maps are available at the areas tourist information centres.

We were there for the Tour de France. My son and I both loved Colmar. The people there are very friendly, as were those in Turckheim, where we actually had our hotel. I'm jealous that I can't go back right now.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: route du vin map?

Thanks again everyone... I am off to the bookstore to try and find the Michelin Green Guide.

Diz... yeah, I am no expert either, BUT... my most favorite wine in the whole worth is in the Alsace region, so I am super excited to see the area. Added to the fact that I have never toured a vineyard. So... this should be fun.

The maps I am finding online aren't big enough to print out in anyway that I can read them. I will hopefully find a good guide book of the area and then hope to find a decent map when I arrive. I do have a good road atlas of the area, so thanks "Diz" for mentioning some of the areas. I will note them on my map.

I love Trip Advisor!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: route du vin map?

I'll give you a list of the principal towns and villages along the Route Des Vins. You should have no difficulty following this on your map. From north to south:

Marlenheim, Molsheim, Rosheim, Obernai, Mittelbergheim, Andlau, Itterswiller, Scherwiller, Châtenois, (Haut Koenigsbourg), Ribeauvillé, Riquewihr, Kaysersberg, Niedermorschwihr, (Colmar), Eguisheim, Gueberschwihr, Rouffach, Soultzmatt, Guebwiller, Thann.

The places in parentheses are actually off the Route des Vins bu nearby.

Thann is also the southern starting point of the Route des Crêtes that takes you via the Grand Ballon to Hohneck and the Col de la Schlucht and eventually to the Col du Bonhomme.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: route du vin map?

Well.. I live in a guidebook wasteland! :o) NO Green guide for the area here at my book store. SO... I will order than online also :o)

Thank you for the list of towns. I will note them all. I am very excited. I decided today to stay one more night. After reading MANY reviews, I decided on the Hotel Le Colombier. It looks nice and quite central.

I would very much like to rent a bike the first day and bike to Eguisheim. It looks adorable.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
449 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: route du vin map?

Indeed, Eguisheim is "adorable" -- but as you will see when you investigate further (and do get the Green Guide), the same applies to many if not most of the towns listed above by IrishRovr -- and then some (I'd add Turckheim, also mentioned above). Quaint beauty and adobability is just the nature of the region.

By the way, if you do visit Eguisheim, we very mich enjoyed dinner at La Grangeliere: http://www.lagrangeliere.fr/

Jake

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: route du vin map?

The tourist office do a very comprehensive leaflet that folds out to about a metre square and lists over a hundred points of interest with brief descriptions and has a couple of maps with the route shown. These are all over the place and while not replacing a good guide book for research could be more convenient to actually carry around during day trips rather than the whole book.

further website to browse

www.tourisme-alsace.com

www.vinsalsace.com

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: route du vin map?

Contact the Office de Tourisme de Colmar via their website and ask them to send you their leaflets and MAP of the Route des Vins. I am sure they will do so.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: route du vin map?

Hello Hylasgirl,

alibris.com has the Michelin Travel Guide to Alsace Lorraine Champagne for as little as $1.99 used plus $3.99 for shipping and as much as $99 new! I use alibris for all my book needs. It can take up to 10 days for delivery, sometimes less.

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?binding=&mtype=&keyword=Michelin+Travel+Guide+to+Alsace+Lorraine+Champagne&hs.x=17&hs.y=19

Enjoy your trip!

Spirit

P.S. I loved my visit to Salt Lake City! Great people there!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: route du vin map?

I ordered my Michelin guide to Alsace and Lorraine and I LOVE it! I have read many things already and only need to extend my time there by a month or two! :D

Thanks for all your help. I can't wait to get there!

20. Re: route du vin map?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, March 27, 2010
Edited: 6:05 pm, March 27, 2010