We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline's bus to Strasbourg

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Airline's bus to Strasbourg

When the airline provides the bus to the final destination as in Frankfurt to Strasbourg...how does that happen? Does the bus leave from the airport? who handles luggage etc

Is this a good choice? Should i just find a flight to/from Strasbourg?

Edited: 8:23 am, May 30, 2012
Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline's bus to Strasbourg

To answer your last question first .... there are no transatlantic flights to Strasbourg. You will have to transit a European gateway first ... like Paris Charles de Gaulle or Amsterdam.

The 'flight' from Frankfurt to Strasbourg is a bus. You simply transport your own baggage from baggage reclaim to the bus, and hand in your ticket. If you miss the bus, they may be able to offer you a seat on the next run, but don't count on it. Lufthansa runs the service, which leaves from Frankfurt airport (though I don't know exactly where from ... I guess the airport website will tell you that) and takes you to Strasbourg with a stop at the Hilton Hotel and another close by the railway station.

Lufthansa is the only provider that offers a shuttle to Strasbourg as an extension of an airline ticket.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline's bus to Strasbourg

Frankfurt is a convenient gateway to Strasbourg if you are flying on American. The bus takes about 3 hours. Buy your tickets in advance through the Lufthansa website, which is a little confusing.You may have to seemingly book a flight between Frankfurt and Strasbourg, and you'll get the bus schedule.

You can get to Strasbourg's airport on Air France, a good idea if you are using Air France for other French cities; you can fly on the more generous trans-Atlantic luggage limit witihin France. For example, you want to go to Paris and travel by car or train, then fly to Strasbourg and leave France from there. To get back to CDG from Strasbourg in time for a flight back to the US, you either have to leave Strasbourg very early or spend the nite in Paris.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline's bus to Strasbourg

I noted the terrible departure times/total travel times from Strasbourg. I also noted a flight ---Dallas to Amsterdam (I like) to Strasbourg--that would be my preference

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline's bus to Strasbourg

Amsterdam - Strasbourg is a good bet and Schiphol is a great place if you have layover time ... an art gallery, diamonds ... the spending/present buying can begin even before reaching your final destination!!

www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr/index.php/accueil… will help with ideas for how to reach the city centre from the airport.

5. Re: Airline's bus to Strasbourg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, June 21, 2013