We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Le Havre to Paris

Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Le Havre to Paris

We are departing our cruise ship in Le Havre on May 10, 2014 and need transportation to Paris. I have been trying to book a train for six months on Rail Europe online but I keep getting a response that I cannot book online at this time. About a month ago, I called Rail Europe and they took my dates of travel (and my credit card information) and said they did not have a schedule yet. I have still not heard back from them. I am starting to get nervous because our travel beginner in three weeks and for most of the time we will be in the middle of the ocean. Any help would be appreciated.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,652 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Le Havre to Paris

First of all, do not use RailEurope because they will have higher prices than voyages-sncf.com or capitainetrain.com and they also usually don't show all the available trains. I have been recommending people use www.capitainetrain.com since the SNCF site can divert people from some countries to RailEurope and also because it may not accept credit cards from certain countries.

That being said, there are a lot of track works going on in Normandy around that time. In checking the schedules between Le Havre and Paris for May 10th I can see the schedule is available but all the trains say "Non Ouvert", which means tickets haven't yet gone on sale for that date. Keep checking www.capitainetrain.com and eventually the tickets will go on sale for that date. It is a direct journey that takes 2 hours and 12 minutes. If you buy the tickets when they go on sale you may get a one way ticket for as little as 15€ to 18€. If you buy the ticket last minute at the train station on the day of your travel then a one way trip will cost about 34€. Ticket prices will increase as your travel date approaches.

Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Le Havre to Paris

I was on captainetrain.com and it appears that the only available service requires a change of trains in Versailles... We will have been traveling for more than a month with a lot of luggage and a direct train would be so much better

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,652 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Le Havre to Paris

There is no train that goes from Le Havre to Versailles so I have no idea what you're doing wrong. Trains go either direct from Le Havre to Paris or require a transfer in Rouen. I explained everything that I could in my first post so re-read that. All the info you need is there. If you can read French without difficulty you can also check schedules and prices on www.voyages-sncf.com.

Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Le Havre to Paris

Captainetrain.com shows a 7:50AM train connection ting in Versaille

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Le Havre to Paris

That train may be your only option (and yes, it does exist!!) if you want to buy tickets right away - as stated, due to the track works going on around that time, many of the direct trains from Le Havre to Paris are not yet on sale.

However it is quite possible that as the date of travel get closer, some direct trains will open up. SNCF usually try to avoid putting tickets on sale if there is any chance they will have to cancel the service, so they will likely wait a bit and see how the track works are going before releasing the tickets.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,652 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Le Havre to Paris

Well indeed that train does exist (from Le Havre to Versailles) so I take back what I said. But as I mentioned on the four other threads you've started on this same topic (not to mention the other non-related thread where you asked the same question), there are trains from Le Havre to Paris on May 10th but tickets aren't yet on sale. I won't repeat here what I've said in those other threads.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,652 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Le Havre to Paris

You refused to ever come back to any of the threads you started or even thank myself or other posters for responding so I don't know why I'm coming back to tell you this but as I told you (and you refused to listen to) tickets have just gone on sale for the journey from Le Havre to Paris for May 10th with fares at 15€ one way if you buy now. Trains depart at 7:58; 9:11, 9:58 and 11:58 etc.

8. Re: Train from Le Havre to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 10, 2015