We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to cover France and Greece

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to cover France and Greece

Hi! I am planning to cover both France and Greece either in May or August. any suggestion on what would be the best route to cover that will be very helpful. I have 15-20 days to cover both the countries. Not that I want to touch upon each and every city. I love beaches and history and really looking forward to the suggestions.

Regards, Taskina

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,830 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to cover France and Greece

You cannot possibly "cover" even France in 20 days, nor Greece for that matter.

There are hundreds of places that you might visit. You have to do the basic homework of reading the guide books and deciding which places would be interesting to you. If you have 20 days, do not try to see more than 6 places.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to cover France and Greece

Thanks for your prompt response. I will definitely not target more than 4 -5 places. In Franc I want to cover Paris and Ncie basically and want to allocate the rest for Greece, Athens of course and will add few more. I was wondering about the route plan to cover France and Greece. What is the best way to reach to Greece by Road from France. I prefer by road and stop by in between. So suggestion in regards to that will be very helpful. Regards, Taskina

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
France
France
Europe
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,731 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to cover France and Greece

Let´s see, 4-5 days in France, 5-7 days to reach Greece (if you hurry), you should have 6-8 days easy in which to explore Greece.

Are you sure you want to drive to Greece?

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,830 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to cover France and Greece

If you pick up a rental car in France and drop off in Greece, there will be a very substantial one-way fee. Someone has to go to Greece and drive the car back to France, at your expense.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to cover France and Greece

You would need years, decades, to "cover" France and Greece. And why drive? It's days on the road and an enormous rental drop-off fee. You can probably find a cheap airfare, saving you time and loads of money.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
6. Re: Best way to cover France and Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 12, 2015