We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st-3rd Jan '13 La Souterraine, Gueret or Brive La Gaillard?

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
1st-3rd Jan '13 La Souterraine, Gueret or Brive La Gaillard?

After New Year's Eve in Paris with my partner, we will be travelling to Toulouse by train. Since we have 48 hours to spare before we have to be in Toulouse, we though we'd split the train ride and stop somewhere:

- picturesque

- preferably with a couple of good wine bars

- enjoyable to walk around and explore on foot.

I cannot seem to make up my mind between La Souterraine, which seems lovely but I don't know if there will be much to do in the evening/night. Gueret which looks idyllic, with the nearby lakes and Brive La Gaillard which I've read has a good food market - a big plus, giving us more things to explore :)

So... which place would you chose? Or perhaps which alternatives around the area would you suggest please?

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
870 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st-3rd Jan '13 La Souterraine, Gueret or Brive La Gaillard?

If I had the choice I would do Brive... I think 48 hours in la Souteraine is really too much !!!

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st-3rd Jan '13 La Souterraine, Gueret or Brive La Gaillard?

Thank you Antonio :)

3. Re: 1st-3rd Jan '13 La Souterraine, Gueret or Brive La Gaillard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 31, 2014