We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car parking at tourist sites

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
car parking at tourist sites

We visited Rocamadour last week and parked up in a payant bay in the Hospitalet area. I vastly underestimated how long a visit to the site would take and was still in the Sancturies at the time our parking ticket expired with no hope of just getting back to the car to extend the expiry time.

Fortunately, when we got back to the car nothing had happened.

Can anyone please tell me what the parking rules are and the consequences of not having a valid ticket? I guess that this could happen at just about any tourist destination in France.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Bayeux Shuttle Multimedia Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
OverlordTour
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car parking at tourist sites

There are as many rules as there are towns and villages in France i.e. it is the Mayor and the Town COuncil who established them.

Ditto for the fines which range from a few € to having your car removed - in which case you pay a hefty sum to get it back.

Edited: 11:59 am, September 30, 2013
2. Re: car parking at tourist sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 02, 2014