We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loire valley castle tours

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Loire valley castle tours

I am going to Paris in August and I wanted to travel by train to Tours and see some of the castles in the loire valley. I was wondering if it was okay to wait until I get to the Tourism office to book a tour? Is that risky? Do the tours usually sell out? Thanks for any advise you can give me.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,961 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loire valley castle tours

I think in August you would be best off booking - and as early as you can.

The problem is not only that they may sell out, it may also be that if they don't know you are arriving they won't wait for you. I think most of the tours leave at 9.00, which means catching a train that leaves Paris at 7.30ish.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,837 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loire valley castle tours

Any time you're traveling any distance (as opposed to a 10-minute Metro ride) it's a good idea to book, so that you don't take a train (which should also be prebooked) to another city, only to find that there are no tours available.

This is particularly true in August, the peak tourism month for France.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,153 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loire valley castle tours

Book tours here:

www.tours-tourisme.fr/excursions_en.php?id=4

4. Re: Loire valley castle tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 18, 2013